BCRC holds three domains of bioresources: microbial resources, cell resources and gene resources. More than 12,000 resources were available.
How to buy strains?
1. Please search the BCRC Strain Collection Catalog (https://catalog.bcrc.firdi.org.tw/), and find the strain you want.
2. Email the BCRC No., species name and contact information (company or lab: including full name, address, phone#) to firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. We will reply the quotation.
4. Fill out the forms (customer information and purchase order), sign them and send them back.
5. Please make your payment via wire transfer and provide us with a copy of remittance advice. After receiving your payment, we will arrange your shipment ASAP.
1. Applicant may use the Biological Material only for research purposes other than Commercial Use.
2. Applicant shall not under any circumstance transfer any of the Biological Material to any third party.
For further information, please contact by E-mail: email@example.com
1. If the biological materials belong to the Risk group 2 (RG2) or above please make sure that your Biosafety Level of facilities is BSL2 or higher.
2. We will begin to prepare the export permit after receiving your customer information and purchase order. The export permit will take about a month to be verified by our CDC.
3. Please prepare import permit and any additional documents, if necessary.
Our contact information:
Food Industry Research and Development Institute
Address: 331, Shih-Pin Rd., Hsinchu 30062, Taiwan
4. To get the information of BSL of biological materials in BCRC, please search the online catalogs.
5. Reference site of the Center for Disease Control of the Department of Health in Taiwan (links to https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=L0050029)
6. Reference site of Public Health Agency of CANADA, Material Safety Data Sheets for Infectious Substances
(links to https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/laboratory-biosafety-biosecurity/pathogen-safety-data-sheets-risk-assessment.html)
|category of strains||Price (for academic)||Price (for industry)||description|
|Grade A||General strain||US$105||US$210||Bacteria, Yeast, Actinomycetes, Filamentous fungi, Plasmid, Host and Bacteriophage|
|Grade B||Special cultivation of strains||US$250||US$500||Mushroom, Vibrio genera, Microaerobes and those that are not adapted to freeze drying.|
|Grade C||Hard cultivation of strains||US$340||US$680||Thiobacillus、Thiobacillus ferrooxidans、Methanogen、methylotrophic bacteria、Helicobacter pylori, and biosafety level 3 bacteria.|
|Grade D||General Cell lines||US$340||US$680||Human and animal cell lines|
|Grade E||Genetic Library||US$340||US$680|
|others||Please contact us for more information.|
1. Extra charges such as shipping fee and handling charge will be added on international purchases.
2. The bill duties and taxes from customs will be paid by recipient.